Thursday, 4 March 2010

Music lusts of late;

Hearing Damage - Thom Yorke.
Okay, so I heard this in New Moon during the point where Victoria gets chased by the wolves. Ooo, wolves! Anyway - this song was just so wonderfully dire. It's like, nothing happens, but it is worth it for the ride. It's kind of electro and alternative. I love it. It makes me think.

The Winner Is - Mychael Danna.
It's from the soundtrack to 'Little Miss Sunshine' - purely instrumental, absolutely gorgeous. One of my favourite pieces of music that I have ever heard. It's constantly on repeat, sweet, sad, moving.

Heads Will Roll - Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
It's such a tuuuune. Great for clubs, or just prancing around in your bedroom. 'Dance dance dance till you're dead...' Brilliant song.

A Sunday Smile - Beirut.
Beirut is my favourite band of all time. Of ALL TIME. I prefer them to the whole genre of hip-hop or the chicago soundtrack. I absolutely ♥ Beirut. This song isn't one of the best from them, but any song that features the words 'my dear' are instantly heart-melting; such as Snow Patrol's 'Run'. Leona Lewis's version was redundant.

Memories - David Guetta ft. Kid Cudi.
Kid Cudi's album 'Man on the Moon' was possibly one of my favourites from 2009. This song didn't feature, but what I'm basically saying is that I love Kid Cudi, and this song is brilliant again for a club or just rocking it solo. Great beat, and Cudi's smooth lyrics over the top; weeeee.

No comments: