ONCE AGAIN MY SHINY LITTLE PHONE IS IN MY POSESSION !
However, it wasn't easy to get a new little beauty. Here's my struggle... *cue opening credits*.
Well, Dad and I ordered a new Nokia 6700 Classic from a Chinese website (for full info as to why, read 'The Olde Ballad of the Lost Phone'). And it arrived Friday morning at home. However, Dad rang me to say that they'd sent a black one instead of a shiny silver one. Yeah, deeply frustrating. So he said he'd give them a bollocking and send it back.
A few hours later, Mum rang me to say that phone was of really poor quality - it didn't feel real and the camera was awful alongside other descriptions which implied that the phone wasn't up to standard. So she suggested that we start looking for one online, so we did.
Next day (yesterday, Saturday), Dad texts me suggesting that I just buy one from town. So I research online, but for what I wanted, it looked like I was about to be paying well over £200. However, Dad phoned up the phone company and asked if my contract sim could be used in a pay-as-you-go phone - which it could - which meant that I could buy a pay-as-you-go phone for much cheaper :)
So I popped into town and picked up the shiny little beauty for £159.99. The best thing about the price is that my parents very kindly payed for half of it :) So it only really cost me £80, which is only £20 more expensive than the knock-off Nigel one from China. DONE :)
However, the previous self-suggestion that I name the phone Luna is dead - it doesn't feel right. The phone shall remain nameless for now.
The only thing I hope to do now is as follows; During my reading week, Dad mentioned something along the lines of 'If you fancied using the Internet/emails on your phone, I could call up and arrange that into your contract if you'd like'. So I might take him up on the offer this Easter - however, I'd like it to be cheap - Parents are currently paying £12.50 for my contract a month, the addition of Internet/emails on it could bump it up to £17.50, but I'm hoping Dad can do a deal and get it all inclusive for £15 a month. He HAS been with Vodafone since the mid 90s. He's a loyal customer, he deserves it :)
But for now, my phone is so shiny and gorgeous and makes little noises and is generally stupendous. I love you Nokia 6700 Classic in Silver. I love you.
Sunday, 21 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment