Friday, 23 January 2009

Wayne Love.


I'm utterly, unconventionally attracted to this very talented little man named Dwayne Carter. However, he is better known as the chart-topping hip-hop/rapper, Lil Wayne.


I frequently hear cries of 'rank!', 'repulsion!' and 'grotesque!' during a wee mention of the dude. Terribly sad; however, the emotion I mostly feel when someone declares their disgust of Lil Wayne is pure joy; No-one to share him with.

I'd loved his music since 'Go DJ' from 'Tha Carter' in the early noughties.

The attraction started during a viewing of MTV's VMA awards. Lil Wayne came on with a ridiculously catchy song with an intro from annoying but 'nice', Leona Lewis - 'Dontgetit'. Its' bass shook through me like a morning stretch. Wow. 'Dontgetit' was followed by 'A Milli' and then the collaboration with the great T-Pain 'Got Money'. It was pure genius.It was soon after that I found myself searching MTV, TMF, VH1 [Ha, good luck], KISS & THE BOX for a Lil Wayne music video, regardless of having the majority of his newest stuff stored on Kermit.* I asked myself why and answered it; I actually [embarrassingly] loved the man.


Ow Gawd.

Weezy F. Baby and all his five foot, six inches goodness is my biggest celebrity 'crush' - shit, I despise that word.
I can guarantee I know more about him than you. Shocking, but true. {Ooo, rhyme ;)}

It is Lil Wayne that makes me want to work in music. He makes me want to take to a studio and become a producer, or just generally hang around, smoke what they smoke and comment occasionally on a track. HA. Joy.

Sure, he's not my tall, dark and hansome hero with amazing eyes and a rockin' surname, but he's my little rapper-in-my-pocket, dark and hansome hero with amazing skin and a swagger ;) Yeah, he's got tattoos on his eyelids, not to mention several other tattoos on his face as awell as all over his body, ahem, to quote; 'my chest looks like a mural. I'm nuts, just call me squirrel.' But the man's ADORABLE.



Go Weezy, Go Weezy, Go.



* - Kermit; The little, green iPod Nano 3rd Gen.

No comments: