Sunday, 11 January 2009

A Quick Name Post;

Just a quick post about my favourite names as of, well, now.
Mina Kate - We've been over this.
Olive - Mmm :) , it's classic & quirky; like Beatrix.
Hero - The greek mythological, regular-length hair version of Rapunzel.
Diana - This name used to bore me. I've grown to not just like, but adore the sparkly qualities of Diana.
Florence - Go with the Flo ! Pretty and totally under-rated for staying power.
Isatou - Ha. Gorgeous little African gem.
Roksanda - The origins are a total mystery, but it's the name of a girl I know and the name of a fashion designer - SCORE !
Saffron/Saffanah - A yellowy delight. I have Kellie to thank for Saffanah. They just sound so bloody happy !
Cosima - It's utter scrumptious. It's regal and spunky, all at the same time.
Anemoon - Again, origins are shaky, but the sound is just swoon-worthy. I find it really special. [It's a bit cheesy, what with 'moon' and all, but I think it's forgivable.]

8 comments:

Nicole said...

I simply love your naming style. So spunky and fresh. Mina Kate will forever be my favourite on your list, but I also adore Hero and would love to see it used.

Rachael said...

Then bare with me 10 or so years and you just see Hero be used ;)

Bewildertrix said...

I can get my pom poms out for everything bar Florence and Anemoon. I'm a Flora girl. It's not just that Florence used to be male (I like many old unisex names) but that I think there's prettier -ence names.

Olive Mina Kate Isatou, yes. I'd even back Olive and Saffron together despite the double colour/botanical issue going on. It's cuteness. And you're right, Saffanah and Saffron are very chipper.

I think Anemoon is quirkier than a box of Maggie Gyllenhaal but middle name only, right?

Rachael said...

Anemoon is a relatively new love that has totally captured my imagination and run off wildly with it. Luckily for you, it is indeed only for MN purposes.

I had Kasmira Anemoon for a while until I realised how ridiculously Arabian Princess it sounded and scrapped it.

It'll probably remain on the 'I'd love to use somewhere, but most likely never will' list alongside the very gorgeous [but hardly usable] Isatou.

Nicole said...

Who doesn't love a box of Maggie Gyllenhaal? lol. She's so stinkin' adorable.

Vintage Lollipops said...

You're such a gem... this post was so inventive and quirky.

I love it.

xxx

Anonymous said...

i loved this post! those names are so pretty :)

xoxo,
La C.

Rachael said...

Thank you Bella & La Couturier !

ex oh ex oh.