Top Notch.
I watched the EMAs [Europe Music Awards] this fair morn. Katy Perry is such a hoot, if not tres tres annoying and a total moron. Her outfits were utterly bizaare too, but what the hell - she's a barrell of fun is that Miss Perry. [Why does no-one mention her as being a dead-ringer for the scrumptious Zooey Deschanel? Why? They're practically identical !!]
Weezy♥ won an awaaaaarrrrd !! Woop-de-doop! Artists' choice ;) Nice one my loverr. Obviously he wasn't there to accept it, being in dirty Liverpool and all... but he did record a super diddy message for all viewers to see. Very pleasing.
Okay; Who the hell are Tokio Hotel? They won an award at the VMAs, and won another award here at the EMAs. What are they? The offpring of ravens from Sweden? Blimey.
Also, Britney won two awards. I love Britney as much as the next person. I fully respect her come-back and wish her the best, but TWO awards? [Plus 3 VMA awards in Sep.] I think that is pushing it a little too far. It's almost patronising. She recorded a couple of diddy messages too, she looks gorgeous again; finally. I'm so happy for her getting her life back together, but come on people - when is the over-generosity going to end?
Kanye West gave a cool performance. His song 'Love Lockdown' is highly addictive and also highly different from his regular hip-hop/rnb shizzle. However, I love the african beat and the almost accapella vocals. Nice one Mr West.
Estelle however, I do not get. Why is everyone acting as if the girl is new on the scene? She had a top ten hit back in circa 2005 with '1980' - in which she rapped for around 70% of the song. Her new stuff is open to a much larger market, hitting the rnb scene along with the pop scene along with the tween scene. [Ooo rhyme ;)] It's a very wise career move; but I wouldn't expect anything less from Estelle; the girl's teamed up with John Legend for crying out loud.
The show ended with daddy's favourite P!nk [love that chic] and of course, Katy Perry. Her beau, the worryingly sexy Travis 'Travie' McCoy was there too. Mmm.. in his own words. '6ft 5", 200lbs+ and so sexy.' I quite agree Mr McCoy. But he's no contender for the light-as-a-feather 5ft 6" Weezy. [I seriously need to shrink 3 inches.]
Saturday, 8 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment