Wednesday, 26 May 2010

My House .

Next year I will be living in a house with my current flatmate Emily.

Here's the story;

Emily, Alex, Nicky, Brishen and I all agreed to live together and look for a 4 bedroom house to rent at the start of the year (Jan). About a week after deciding this, Nicky dropped out saying that she wanted to live with some people in a different flat because she spends more time with them and thought it was a sensible decision. We agreed. And then there was 4. We started looking for a 3 bedroom house (Alex and her boyfriend {who doesn't go to uni, but has been living with her in her uni room all year} Brishen would be sharing a room). I wasn't able to go with Emily, Alex & Brishen to look for a house on the day they did because I had a lecture, but they told me to trust them on a house, and they put all our names down for it.
We signed the contract in January and have been looking forward to it ever since (apart from Emily and I not discussing who got the upstairs, and who got the downstairs bedroom - Alex and Brishen were getting the bigger upstairs bedroom with the double bed).

This afternoon Alex came into my room and told me that she's quitting her course next year and therefore won't be living with me and Emily next year - Brishen obviously won't be living with us either. Which leaves just Emily & I.

Then I text Emily saying 'Shotgun Alex's big room! Haha' and she texts back basically saying that she wants the big room so its easier when her boyfriend comes to stay. I can't really argue, she has a genuine excuse for needing the room, but I did kind of want the room. Ah well, I'm upstairs, out of harms way and next to the bathroom. :)

We just need to find a new housemate soonish or Alex will have to pay for the whole year. Either way, it's not really mine and Emily's problem - we won't be paying any more. I'm a bit concerened about if we do find a new housemate though - what will she be like? (we would both prefer a girl). Will she be messy, noisy, a drug addict ? She'll be living downstairs regardless... but that means she's near the kitchen - will she be the type to steal food? That's if we even find a housemate.

Wahey! More stress ! :(
No, not really, but hey, I'm a drama queen today - go with it !

No comments: