Tuesday, 11 May 2010

Day 6

Day 6 - Favourite Song

Aint No Sunshine - Bill Withers // Nantes - Beirut

It's hard to pick a favourite song, but if I could, it would definitely be one of these two. I love how timelessly perfect they are. Especially Aint No Sunshine - recorded in c1972 ? Timeless. Love it so much - no modern version does it justice. Nantes was the song that got me into Beirut and still almost reduces me to tears every time I hear it - and I have no idea - I just absolutely want to marry this song.

Sorry I can't go into more detail - but these songs speak for themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIdIqbv7SPo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5xZow5iPmE&feature=related

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm more of a Postcards from Italy girl myself. Though, Nantes is pretty good. It's strange, I just got into Beirut. Must be all the folk I've been loving. I have instantly decided I need Mumford and Sons' album also.
xx