Thursday, 11 June 2009

Names of the moment;

Noor & Liv.

Simplicity is the key. I'm also falling for Mina Liset, although the similarities between it and Mona Lisa are really putting me off. Maybe I should just stick to old flame Mina Clémence.

I'm also falling for Old English/Scot names for boys; these include Gray, Stirling and the two old loves, Hamish & Calum.

I rarely post in the name forum I frequent any more apart from the general boards or occasionally dropping in an opinion on some combinations. I just can't be bothered. I'll always have a fascination with names; their history, origin, usage... but to share them and ask for unwanted opinions all the time just doesn't excite me any more.

I keep on reminding myself about Hero. Why do I always forget about her? Always? Hero Violet, my dear, you will always be my favourite name ever. Practicality and usage is an issue though. I don't think I have the balls to ever use you, but you shall for eternity always be the one.

'Hero and Leander are there together, where no storm can reach them and no sea can part them ever again. '

3 comments:

Bewildertrix said...

Gray/Grey is pleasing just don't stick that godawful -er or -son on the end, k?

Although whacking Doug on the front is okely dokely. I'm in a Dougray phase. Speak no more of this.

Nice to see Calum with one l. As you know I have real problems with additional letters.

Mina Liset is nothing like Mona Lisa. In fact, the enigmatic tart should have been dubbed Mina Liset. Much prettier I say although I'm with you on Clémence. Make it a ménage à trois? They all sound pretty peachy together.

Rachael said...

Oh lord, Grayer is a name that I'd quite frankly prefer to drink a pint of piss over using. That and a whole bunch of other -er names. Particularly on females.

So are you suggesting Mina Liset Clémence? Top drawer ;)

[Dougray is incredibly sweet.]

Bewildertrix said...

Yessim. Mina Liset Clémence. Luverly. It's really novel, Liset included or not.