Tuesday, 1 July 2008

Unleashing the fire within .

Strangely enough, since starting 6th Form my confidence has sky rocketed. I feel competitive and a strong desire to be the best I can be. Oh hell.

I used to contain this fire to succeed when I did ballet 4 times a week and was determined to be the best in the class; to get my legs higher, to get my turns tighter.
When this ended I felt lost, I had nowhere to turn my attention to, I needed a hobby.
School 'aint no hobby - don't get me wrong.

School is more a temporary corridor for me to let off steam into. I can break into attempting to achieve As and everything about me is back again.

It's taken me a bloody long year to feel this strength again, I don't particularly want it to go away.

Another fantastic thing about this new confidence and competitiveness is the fact that I know that I will get into the university I want, I know that I will get into the job I want, and I know that I can do this.

I will be happy. I will, I will, I will.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

That's great, really it is. I did well at school (gosh, how weird it is to speak about school as a past thing?...), but I lost my ambition somewhere between class 10 and 11 where it remained mainly untouched.
I wished I had put a little more effort in there and finished of with a "WOW"-grade. I could have =(

Rachael said...

Oh babe. I'm sure the finishing result is something to be proud of though!
Go Civil Engineering go!
x