Right then, I'm going to start off.
[1979-2008]
Oh Heath. I was particularly affected by his death because I had only dreamt that he had died the night before; I woke up grateful for it only being a dream. That day I went to school and heard the news, Heath was actually dead.
I cried. I don't know why - I never knew him. I just felt so incredibly emotional. 28 Years is such a short length of time to live, especially for such a talented man.
His 2 year old daughter, Matilda Rose looks so much like her father.
This is ridiculous. If I feel so upset about the death of Heath Ledger and I didn't even know him, then what on earth must his family and close friends be going through?
An Oscar for Heath, please. His performance in the latest Batman film, The Dark Knight has been raved about for quite a while. I do hope he recieves his Oscar. It's more than he deserves.
I think it's fair to say that I am uberly obsessed with the entire Phoenix family.
First, I fell in love with River Phoenix, Joaquin's older brother, in Indiana Jones. A sort of school-girl crush, you could say - only to find out that he had died in 1993, when I was 2. Hmm, Plan B.
A couple of years later, I watched Gladiator with my Daddy. I freakin' adored that film. It had anger, jealousy, love, death, blood; everything you need in a good film. I found Joaquin's character, Commodus, incredibly scary. I really hated him. I realised that if he was making me hate him, then he must be one hell of an actor. And so, Joaquin Phoenix went on my 'Favourite Actors' list alongside Johnny Depp and the then-living Heath Ledger [look North].
I then realised that Joaquin Phoenix's surname was Phoenix. What an unusual surname. Was he related to that pretty and unfortunately dead actor, River Phoenix? Google-away!!
He was indeed. I also found out how River died [which coincidently links to Johnny Depp] and how his siblings have amazingly hippy-ish names. There's River, Rain, Liberty & Summer. Summer is married to Ben Afflecks better-actor brother, Casey, and has a son named, wait for it, Indiana - which links back to River in the Indiana Jones film. Phew.


No comments:
Post a Comment