Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Shhh.



Silence freaks me out. It really does. I'd prefer to hear screaming arguments and bad singing to silence. Silence means that everything is still and content and while the idea of everything being still and content is jolly appealing, it also bores me to no end. I want adventure, music, laughter, high heels and apple juice.
I can literally sit still for an entire day. But I can't last 30 minutes in silence. In exams I'll have to cough or sniff or annoyingly tap my pencil just to remind myself of what sound sounds like.
It's odd but a necessity to my state of mind.

I have around nine to ten weeks of school left, in the world, in my life; ever. WEEKS. It is the end of an era; 13 years. I just can't believe it's nearly over. It also means that starting revision soon for my end of year exams is absolutely vital if I'm to get the grades that I want to go to university.

I miss the days of Sky Dancers and watching Thumbelina whilst eating cheese on toast on a Sunday afternoon after coming home from swimming with my dad and brother. I miss waking up early on the weekends to play with my Barbies. I miss having the desire to play outside and being argumentative about putting on a coat beforehand. I miss my fear of thunder and the dark. I miss ballet. I miss the first floor corridor of Central Ballet School in which we used to play our iPods on the docking station and create havoc for passers by. I miss London. I miss the early days of high school in which people would come up to you and tell you that they hated you; I miss that level of hideous honesty. I miss having no responsibility. I miss having to make no decisions. I miss fitting into tiny clothing. I miss having naturally straight hair. I'll miss my childhood greatly when I turn 18 in July.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh sweetheart love this post.

Your still very young darling &heart; and soooo much to look foward to yeahyyy.


Shhhh xxx

Rachael said...

Ha, thank you Twiggy :)