Nicked from bewildertrix.blogspot.com, with my compliments..
Name your top 10 most played bands on iTunes (Or Last.FM).
1. Kanye West
2. Lil Wayne
3. Tokyo Police Club
4. Johnette Napolitano
5. Will.I.Am
6. Santogold
7. N*E*R*D
8. Beirut
9. Bloc Party
10. Portishead
What was the first song you ever heard by 6 [Santogold]
Creator. It was on the hair gel advert. I looked it up, downloaded, and then investigated what other tracks existed from this talented artist. Turns out many are exceedingly decent.
What is your favorite album of 2 [Lil Wayne]
My god, what a question. I loved Tha Carter III, but Ulitmately, my favourite of his has to be the mixtape – Da Drought 3.
What is your favorite lyric that 5 [Will.I.Am] has sung?
Will.I.Am is ridiculously talented, and it is hard to pick out a particular lyric.. however, after mucho debating, I have settled for these lines;
From She’s A Star;
I ‘aint leaving you girl
You’ll be my by side
‘Coz I can’t go nowhere without my light
‘Coz you’re my star, my star.
How many times have you seen 4 [Johnette Napolitano] live?
Never. I haven’t seen any of my top 10 live. I haven’t been to a concert since 2000 in which my parents took me to a Ricky Martin concert. That’s not even a joke.
What is your favorite song by 7 [N*E*R*D]?
Oh wow – all of them. I love the politically correct ‘Spazz’ and also ‘Anti Matter’ along with ‘Provider’. However, N*E*R*D are more a band to dance to than to sit and think of the lyrics… however in ‘Everybody nose’ there is a line I find hilarious;
From that Paris, Lindsay, Britney,
Mary-Kate and Whitney;
People say that they’re clean – motherfucker don’t bullshit me !
What is a good memory you have involving the music of 10 [Portishead]?
Watching the advert for LOST season 1. The very first glimpse of an ever-growing favourite TV show.
Is there a song of 3 [Tokyo Police Club]that makes you sad?
No. To be blunt.
What is your favorite lyric that 2 [Lil Wayne] has sung?
From ‘Girls Around the World’
I’m thinking of a master plan…. Naw, I’m lying, shawty on my mind.
How did you get into 3 [Tokyo Police Club]?
I really don’t know. I kind of just came across them one day.
What was the first song you heard by 1 [Kanye West]?
Gold Digger.
What is your favorite song by 4 [Johnette Napolitano]?
Wedding Theme from Candy. It is so beautiful and reminds me of Heath Ledger every time I hear it.
How many times have you seen 9 [Bloc Party] live?
We’ve already been over this..
What is a good memory you have involving 2 [Lil Wayne]?
Oh man. Life? The man is my weirdest crush ever. He’s just so incredibly sexy.
Is there a song of 8 [Beirut] that makes you sad?
‘Elephunt Gun’ & ‘Nantes’. Both incredibly beautiful songs, that when left alone, reduce me to tears.
What is your favorite album of 5 [Will.I.Am]?
Songs about girls. Not an amazing album – but very sweet.
What is your favorite lyric that 3 [Tokyo Police Club] has sung?
All the lions in your bedroom
All the tigers you ignored
Pulling the wool down over your eyes, yes sir, yes sir.
What is your favorite song of 1 [Kanye West]?
Flashing Lights, although Gold Digger will always be a fave.
What is your favorite song of 10 [Portishead]?
Numb.
What is your favorite album of 1 [Kanye West]?
His new one. 808’s and Heartbreaks. Although both Grauation and Late Registration were blinding albums.
What is a great memory you have considering 9 [Bloc Party]?
My love of ballet, from which I got the username Tutu. The lyrics ‘Lord give me grace and dancing feet, and the power to impress.’ Really meant something to me and drive me through possibly the worst year of my life.
What was the first song you heard by 8 [Beirut]?
Nantes. I found it incredibly odd, yet incredibly addictive at the same time.
What is your favourite cover by 5 [Will.IAm]?
He did one with Fergie a while back of a classic. That was pretty good.
Tuesday, 9 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love santogold!
Post a Comment