Tuesday, 9 December 2008

Gone with a bang...

Okay, the Americans call them bangs, the British call them fringes.
It seems that everyine is jumping on the bangwagon ! [Like what I did there? ;)]
I'd like to say that I had a fringe back when there weren't particularly popular. It started circa 1994, when my hair was thick enough to have a fringe cut. And ever since, it has remained. Of course, a couple of growing-out sessions and side-sweeps interrupted to flow of constant-fringe, but ultimately I've had one all my life.
Here are a couple of pics of my fringe. The one on the left was taken around February this year, the one on the right was taken around 20 minutes ago [in my neeeew Christmas dress :D]{&& Propa dodgy light-bits in mine eyeses.}


















However, now even the celebrities are picking it up, from the likes of Lily Allen to current sensation-of-the-moment Katy Perry, and even those Disney Dolls; Selena Gomez & Demi Levato..

Oh yes, it seems every girl and her dog has a fringe nowadays.
And, like with the whole RtH thing - I started this trend, ladies !!

2 comments:

Mel Carrey said...

stunning fringe ;) I love it. I've been wanting to get mine back again. I tend to do it in the summer when it's almost impossible to have bangs!..ugh humidity.
But you've done good. I like your intro on them . ox

Rachael said...

Why thank-you Mel ;)
I find my fringe utterly impossible in the summer. I tend to just french plait [braid?] it back into my hair or pin it back due to lack of care.
However, summer here is nothing to get sweaty about :(

Thankyous. xx