Saturday, 18 December 2010

Major Update .

Okay, it's not that major, because nothing really has happened of any real mention but here's a little update on my life.

- I have a job in Debenhams that I started in September. I work every Sunday for 5 hours. It's pretty sweet. I am so undeniably awesome at tills. Seriously, I will happily assist you on tills new staff because I am awesome and ended up figuring most of the stuff myself (stupid, pointless 3 hours of till training).

- Uni's amazing, but incredibly stressful this year. I'm learning middle Egyptian hieroglyphs, which is, quite frankly, the hardest thing I have ever done academically. It's more difficult to learn than French or German or Italian or anything like that because the hieroglyph symbols don't directly translate to English - you have to translate them into Egyptian, and then into English - but the Egyptian translations are dependant on the hieroglyphs as simply the Egyptian translation could mean honestly hundreds of things, so you need the symbols to tell you the context of the sentence. Mad. Mental. Tres dificile.

- I GOT MY HAIR CUT; which was a scary prospect at first, but I absolutely love it. I was sick of having long hair, and to be fair my hair is still fairly long, about an inch and a half past my shoulders - but that's very short for me. Now I can put it in a pony tail and it looks cute and in an actual style, instead of looking boring when it was longer. Cannot wait to get my GHD straighteners for Christmas, then I can experiment with putting messy waves in (a la The Olsen twins).

- Fashion is still a major interest for me, and in November I had another article published in my university newspaper. I'm going to write about 10 articles during the Christmas holidays, and then just submit them every week to build up my portfolio. And then approach Vogue, Nylon, Elle, Tatler, Harpers Bazaar and Vanity Fair.

- Music is still mainly Beirut and almost the entire hip-hop genre, with major MAJOR love for Drake.

- My favourite films this year have been: Kick-Ass, Avatar, Inception, Harry Potter & Toy Story 3. I cannot wait to see Black Swan though - that might just take the biscuit if it loves up to the hype.

- Favourite names still consist of Olive (Mythily Hero), and now also Margalo (Cecilia Scarlet). Rupert (John Asa) now lives in a more prominent position next to old timers Sacha (James Alsandair), Tadhg (William Rex) and Calum (Ashley Wolfram).
Yum yum yum.

-Favourite food is still salads, although I eat FAR FAR FAR less of them now sadly. A good Chicken Caesar Salad will always be one of my favourite meals. (Along with burritos, quattro formaggi pizza and too many others {ahem, crisps + cheese, ahem [but not together of course]}).

RIGHTO. I SHALL POST MORE AND MORE BECAUSE I'VE BEEN SEVERELY LAGGING SINCE I STARTED UNI. ♥

No comments: