Tuesday, 26 May 2009

Sorry.

Lack of posting recently. Possibly due to my attention being elsewhere, where exactly it's floating off too is unknown, but my guess would be tattoo researching, including the recent discovery of Tengwar Annatar script; the Lord of the Rings Elvish-like calligraphy/language which I simply adore.
I either want to get 'hero' tattooed on the inside of my left thumb or 'All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost' somewhere on me; possibly my side, next to my boob.

Photobucket

Of course, these are both still ponderings. In hindsight I'd prefer to get the longer J.R.R Tolkien poetry extract, but 'hero' would be so much simpler and easier to cover-up.

The reason behind 'hero';
- Hero is a word everyone takes for granted. 'Oh he scored a goal! What a hero.' 'Oh he left drawing pins on Mr Jones' chair, he's my hero!' etc.
A real hero is someone like my great-grandad. James Campbell. Fought in the First World War on the front line on a horse named Ginger. Live until the ripe old age of 94. A true hero.
- Hero is a female name most commonly known from Shakespeare's 'Much Ado About Nothing' and also from Greek Mythology's romantic-tragedy, 'Hero & Leander'.

It just makes sense to me.

So technically, both the Tolkien poetry quote or 'hero' would work a treat. But I'm definitely getting some Elvish on me. It's too beautiful not to.

No comments: