Monday, 2 November 2009

Current name fancies .

1. Rupert John. (m - duhh)
You can blame Family Guy for this. "Rooooopert. Where IS he ? It's not like him to go wandering off." Oh Stewie.

2. Radha. (f)
It really bugs me that this is pronounced the same as major drama school RADA, however, I got overpowered today by its simple beauty. Ignoring the association, it's a pleasure to say.

3. Tamar. (f)
I pronounce it TAY-mahr, but it can also be pronounced tah-MAHR. Not sure what it is about this one, it just struck me randomly.

4. Calum Ashley Wolfram. (m)
MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - that is all I can say. Scrumdiddlyumptious. And also more than likely pretentious - wish I cared.


--------------------------------------------------------------♥

4 comments:

Bewildertrix said...

Radha, Rupert, Calum and Ashley are lovelies. I love the one L in Calum. What do you like with Radha?

Monopolising your blog here but I would like to use Ashley as a first name. I do love it but I also think I'd be using it as a first name partly out of rebelliousness against the unisex usurpers and that doesn't sit right with me. That should be a bonus to my choice, not part of the rationale for using. I must admit that I would get immense satisfaction out of saying, "This is my SON, Ashley".

"And also more than likely pretentious - wish I cared"

LOL.

The only names I find raise a pinky whilst having tea and scones on the lawn pretentious these days are the really lengthy surnames upfront e.g Montmorency. Or, there's Parker or Grayson but they have 'delusions of grandeur'. Not stylish at all.

Rachael said...

I've found that Radha's pretty tricky to pair up with anything, but have for now settled for Radha Fern.

Ashley as a first name would be so lovely, but I too would have problems actually using it as a first for the reasons you've mentioned.

But surely, you could use it as a middle name and still get loads of use out of it, like you did with Bonnie? That would be adorable.

Montmorency? Oh golly. I've actually seen Remmington used not so long ago, my life.

R :)

Bewildertrix said...

You speak wisely. I'd probably want to continue the confusion and use more than one name regularly ;) So I could have my cake and scoff it too!

Radha Fern is lovely. Completely off the beaten path but so simple too. Seriously, Fern is wonderful but then ferns are fantastic evergreen plants. Who said all botanicals had to be frilly? Well, that's the impression I get from lots of people which is why I guess many balk at Olive and Juniper. "Eew, salty fruit and a gnarly bush!".

Rachael said...

Oh, please scoff away ! (SCORE!)

Thanks for the compliments on Radha Fern. I've just named a sim baby Radha and it's growing on me ever time I see it. LOL.

I'm bloody exhausted with the Olive remarks. 'It's a disgusting green food'. Oh grow up.
;)