Monday, 23 June 2008

Nooniversity.

Dear lord. This time next year I'll be preparing for University. Scared? Me?
Exceedingly.

I've decided I want to study Ancient/Classical History/Archaeology; Basically a course that involves looking at Ancient Civilisations, myths and artefacts. Some may find this boring. To me, it is the most exciting thing in the world since I got my first pair of heels.

Here are the courses I am currently looking at;

Archaeology & Ancient History,
Archaeology & Anthropology, - more on this later...
& Classical & Archaeological Studies.

The Universities I'm really keen on are as follows;
University of Birmingham - Archaeology & Ancient History/ Archaeology & Anthropology.
University of Bristol - Archaeology & Anthropology.
University of Kent - Classical & Archaeological Studies.

I'd be utterly pleased to study any of these courses, with Birmingham being the preferred choice.


Anthropology links together with Dream Nombre Trois - Working and saving apes [Chimps, Orangs, Gorillas] from deforestation into safe areas of the wild. This includes rescuing orphaned Apes and placing them in Ape Sanctuaries with others of their kind until they're all ready to be released back into the wild.

Anthropology is the study of how we have evolved over our existence. There are many Primate Behaviour modules in the Anthropology courses, which I am obviously very keen on partaking in.

I fully intend to someday work with Apes, whether I do it when I'm 20, or when I'm 50, I will do it someday. It's a definite plan.



So. With University comes a hell of a lot of planning, organising and general stress, especially in achieving the grades needed to go to Uni. The majority of my courses ask for A-Level grades of BBB, the lowest requirement of BBC. I think this is fairly achievable, but I'll still endlessly worry about getting the grades, especially in the subject I haven't even studied for GCSE - History.


Speaking of grades - I'm scared to high heavens about my AS results. I need to have achieved EEE to continue with the second year of my A-Levels. I think I'm safe to say that I have - but you really never know. If I don't - I'll either have to re-start 6th Form, start at college instead, or struggle with my A2 options - knowing that I'll never, ever achieve the BBB needed for Uni.

Oh, bloody, Jesus. Please let me have achieved EEE at least, pleeease?

I'll end this moaning, whining mess with a beautiful little picture of the stud-muffin that is Shiloh Fernandez. Ahh yes. Admire his Joaquin Phoenix-esque face, I know I will.
Make sure you watch out for him in upcoming films etc. And note that you saw him mentioned here first; he'll be huge.

No comments: