Wednesday, 28 May 2008

Good Golly, Miss Molly.

This is exceptionally terrifying, announcing myself to the world; but I must, I will, I shall. So here I go;

A wise and most wonderful woman once said to me, 'Always read, always write, Rachael.' and of course once the lesson was over, and she had left the classroom, we destructive tweens howled with laughter. We mocked that dear woman for her Lord of The Rings-type wisdom, as she used to peer over her thick-lensed glasses, and point her knobbly fingers in our faces.
It was only after I learnt of her death that I started to think more clearly about what she had said to me. She was an amazing woman, full of charisma and imaginative thoughts.
She fully inspired me to be the writer and journalist I strive to be; whether I write for Vogue, The London Telegraph, or my own creative novels.

And this, my fellow 16 year olds, is the start of my journey,and quite obviously the start of my very first blog, too.
I will only start as I mean to go on [as another wise woman once said - well, not wise; motherly].

Hope you enjoy this blog.

No comments: