Christmas is over, it saddens me deeply. However, it seemed to be over on Boxing Day for me this year as I had to work - which I really wasn't happy about. I didn't even get any extra money for doing so because it fell on a contracted day (Sunday), so I just got paid my normal hourly rate. A work friend of mine worked from Christmas Eve at 5pm to 5am Christmas morning on 22 pounds an hour !! He pretty much earned enough for his holidays this year. Jammy devil.
Another sad this is that immediately after electronically handing in my essay (which is technically due next Monday) I find a whopping great big MISTAKE on the VERY FIRST PAGE. URGHHHHH! Well it's not really a mistake, more just poor expression - but it makes out that I've not checked it, which I have, but I edited a sentence last minute and then didn't re-read it after I typed except to check for spelling - it doesn't even make sense. BUT! I have just remembered that you can re-enter your essay electronically if done before the due date. So I'll crack onto that in a moment. Phew! It makes me out to be a bit simple.
I feel rather upbeat today, mostly because MY HAIR IS GORGEOUS AND SHINY AND SOFT AND GENERALLY MARVELOUS. Sorry for the big headed moment then, but I've not been in love with my hair for years, if properly at all before. I'm definitely going to keep it at this length for a while. I dread it getting longer again - all stringy and lank (although it never looked it - it just felt it) - full of split ends and quite frankly dead for the last few centimetres. It doesn't take very long to sort out after washing either - I can blow dry and straighten in about 35 mins now. But normally I like to wait about half an hour imbetween blow drying and straightening because I like to let the frizz settle - or else it doesn't straighten as well.
I moved back to uni on Monday and it's really nice to be self-reliant again. Although I'm eating horrendously. I wake up every morning and say to myself 'I'm going to eat really healthily today' - One massive cheese sandwich, bag of crisps, 5 ginger nut biscuits and 6 mini chocolate shortcakes later... I'm regretting even letting myself have the sandwich. To be fair, I'm eating tonnes of fruit, which doesn't even it out, I know, but at least I know that I have some goodness in me! I'm going to cut up my carrots later into little sticks and only allow myself them and fruit as snacks and lunch accessories later.
HA - lunch accessories! The sandwich/soup/salad is the dress, the crisps/yogurt/cake is the shoes and the chocolate/sweets is the clutch bag. Tres chic! I doubt Rachel Zoe would approve.
I can hear cheering outside my window in the distance. It's getting darker and darker now. However, it's staying lighter longer, which is a good thing definitely.
Bring on February!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment