Basically, I'm moved into University. Everyone is super dooper lovely and the course seems fandabbydosey. My room is getting more personalised by the second and my money is dwindling drastically. Remarkabley, I've managed to get a new phone which is all shiny and pretty and perfect; but I can't really use it because I want to transfer my number over from my Pay As You Go phone to it. Stresssssy.
Lectures start for real next week. Expect next to NO posts for ages until I get used to the routine of HARD WORK. Haha.
Freshers Week is taking the piss. Nights out are lovely. But EVERY NIGHT ? For SEVEN DAYS? I'm about ready to die. Seriously. More accurately, my FEET are ready to die.
The nights have been fun, though, with the UV-Neon Rave party being my highlight. Last night was a swish club called Mechu. The night before was a whopping huge club called Oceana. [I think they're a chain club - I think there's one in London, too]
Tonight it's Gatecrasher. Can't wait. Gatecrasher has always been described as the best nearby club, so I'm excited to finally go.
I've joined the 'RedBrick' society; which is the University newspaper. Going to a meeting on Wednesday and then hopefully, I may get to write for it !! Brilliant. I've discovered through some research that when looking to be employed for a newspaper/magazine - they will always ask you if you wrote for the Unviversity newspaper - so I've got my foot in the door :)
I can't believe how easy it is to meet people and get on with people. It's insane. We definitely have one of the most social flats - there is nearly always someone in the flat that is a friend of a friend and then they bring all the people from their flat who then bring all the people from their courses etc etc...
It's great being in the 'party flat'. Especially when I want to go to sleep.
I can't wait to get cracking with my course; it's SO BLOODY INTERESTING. Seriously. We're doing a project about an archaeological site called Sutton Hoo which is unbelievably fascinating. Had a miny taster session on it today. I'm going to get reading the book on it. Yep yep. Yey yey.
♥
2 comments:
Wow freshers week sounds fun, especially all the partying ;)
Have fun at Gatecrasher tonight.
Oh and the newspaper sounds so good, maybe upload your articles onto here so we can read them? :P
xx
Haha, that's if I ever get to write for the thing !! x
Post a Comment